Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves keeping and/or sharing given content on a server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are different forms of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a glimpse at these. Doing so, you can decide what you want, based on whether you'd like to run a site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain firms, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts often involve ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely imprecise interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the tasks at hand between different hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different web hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share an immense quantity of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the service is typically free of cost. You will get a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your mail address accounts. Some corporations offer web site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an email solution. If you want to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a hard time with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to run as many videos as you would like without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to possess a website. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At C.A.A. Hosting, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.